Q: What does the IL Concealed Carry Law entail?
A. If you would like to review the entire Illinois Concealed Carry Law click on the following link:
Q: What if I have been through training courses in the past?
A: Not all training is applicable. Please check the link below to see the recognized training for our courses.
Acceptable Prior Training Courses & Hours of Credit:
Q: Where do I get my F.O.I.D. card?
A: Please follow the link below to the Illinois State Police website.
Illinois State Police Concealed Carry F.O.I.D. Card:
Q: Where can I get fingerprinted?
A: Fingerprinting is not required, but you will have to wait an additional 30 days to get your concealed carry license. If you would like to get your fingerprints taken, the link below will provide you with the names of the closest fingerprinting location and the hours.
Q: What if my question isn't listed here?
A: The link below should be able to answer any additional questions you may have pertaining to Illinois Concealed Carry.
Illinois State Police Concealed Carry FAQ Link:
Q: What is the process and what is the cost for obtaining a license after completion of your class?
A: Illinois residents:
- 16 hours of Concealed Carry firearms training provided by an ISP approved instructor.
- Electronic copy of training certificate(s). You will be required to upload your electronic certificate during the application process.
- An Illinois Digital I.D. - JAVA will be required for all of these computer functions to work correctly. To find if you have the current JAVA click on this link and then click on "verify java version". Again, you MUST have JAVA loaded on your PC.
- Visit the Illinois Digital ID website to obtain a digital ID. (Note: A separate website link is available if you have forgotten your Illinois Digital I.D. username and password. If you have questions, visit the Illinois Digital I.D. website FAQ page or call the Central Management Services Help Desk at 1-866-465-9119 for assistance with the Digital I.D. Questions regarding the Concealed Carry License application process should be directed to the Illinois State Police at 1-217-782-7980 .
- A Valid Driver's License or State Identification card.
- A valid FOID card.
- A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.
- $150.00 fee payable with a credit card or electronic payment.